Environmental Compliance Auditing
Environmental compliance auditing is a valuable tool for reviewing and assessing the practices and procedures that impact how well your organization complies with state and federal environmental regulations. Audits are also valuable in identifying areas for continuous improvement and planning.
Why Audit for Environmental Compliance?
Internal audits are your organization's best protection in assuring that your activities and practices are complying with State and Federal environmental regulations. In addition, a well-structured auditing program that utilizes internal staff can provide the following productivity benefits:
- Training employees to be auditors results in a broader awareness and understanding of regulatory requirements, enhancing compliance potential
- Audit teams can consist of employees from different disciplines, functions and locations thus promoting greater communication and efficiencies
- Employees with auditor training can be compliance mentors for other employees in their respective work or team environments
- Auditing can identify recommendations to an existing management system that will make an immediate impact on productivity, reduction of waste and liability exposure
- Auditing is a key contributor to continuous improvement
- Audit findings identify where there is a need to have a clearer definitions of roles and responsibilities for all employees who may have some impact on environmental performance and compliance
- Auditing strengthens inspection and record keeping practices, the keystone of all regulatory compliance requirements
- Auditing fulfills the ISO 14001, section 4.5.2 “Evaluation of Compliance” requirement
Omni Tech Environmental Compliance Consulting Services
Omni Tech offers environmental compliance auditing services to verify the effectiveness of your environmental program against EPA and State regulations and permit conditions. This process allows for proactive corrective action before potential expensive enforcement action.
Our consultants have extensive experience in developing audit protocols to aid in gathering evidence, interpreting audit information and reporting findings to management. We welcome the involvement of your personnel in the auditing process with the goal of further training internal auditors.